by: Ben Smart
It’s a typical Monday morning: you’re awake, but you have class in 20 minutes. You’re also hungry. But who has time for breakfast, anyway? Well, think again! There are plenty of quick and healthy breakfast options for morning snoozers. Make your fitness and nutrition a priority and reap the benefits all day. Read on for your daily dose of health & fitness inspiration for the Tar Heel Tone Up team.
Fit and Fast Breakfast Options:
- Microwaved Cup Eggs: Do you like eggs, but hate the mess and time? Try cooking your eggs in the microwave for a faster way to do things. Spray a mug with non-stick spray, Add scrambled eggs with a dash of milk, and microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Strawberry Smoothie: grab some fresh or frozen berries, add to a blender with almond milk and protein powder. For added nutrition, mix in some Greek yogurt and kale.
- Breakfast Cereal and Yogurt: choose some high fiber, low sugar cereal to start. Add Greek yogurt, fruit, and flax seed to finish off the dish.
- Morning Pizza: Whole grain toast with a slice of low-fat ricotta cheese. Add sliced tomatoes. Drizzle on olive oil to taste.
- Energy/Nutrition Bar: Be careful with these. Too much added sugar and not enough protein can negate your healthy intentions. Reach for a bar that has at least 10 grams of protein and 3-5 grams of fiber, with little to no sugar.
Now that you’re fueled up with a healthy breakfast, it’s time to get active. Pencil in some time for a workout! Let UNC Campus Rec make your workout easy with gyms free of charge to anyone with a UNC one card. facility hours.