I will keep this short so you can go back to studying.
As you know, finals are here. Having a significant other during finals can provide critical social and emotional support during this stressful time.
Here are some things you can do to support your partner during finals:
- Support them in their efforts to refrain from Facebook, Twitter, and texting.
- Make them study food (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, trail mix , or egg and cheese on a biscuit!) to help them stay focused. Not eating enough during stressful times can increase fatigue, and being hungry can be a distraction from studying.
- Save their favorite study spot while they are taking a break or an exam.
- Offer up your place to study if they have loud roommates.
- Do their laundry so they can sleep a little longer.
- If you are stressed, find a constructive way to share that stress with them without stressing them out too.
- Take care of their pet while they study in Davis all day so they do not have to worry.
- Make them a care package with healthy snacks, batteries for their calculator, and highlighters. This may brighten their week 🙂
- Try not to share germs if you have the flu or a cold. Tips on handwashing can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/
- Give them a hand, neck, or back massage to relieve tension from all that typing.
- Encourage them to take study breaks, get exercise, and plenty of sleep. All of these things are critical for remembering facts and doing well in stressful situations.
You can also relieve finals related stress by watching a movie, taking a walk, playing video games, or taking a nap together. Yes, sex is a stress reliever too – but be sure you talk about it first and are using a form of contraception, or it could be a bigger stressor than stress reliever !
If you have additional suggestions Tweet, Facebook, or comment below.
Happy Finals! You can do it!