The appointment booking site for UNC students and post-docs to sign up for on-campus vaccines launched Friday morning. All appointments for the first week’s allocation of 2,000 Johnson & Johnson vaccines were filled by Friday at 4pm.
Watch for Cancellations
UNC students and post-docs can watch for openings on the booking site in case of canceled appointments. The dates when appointments may open include Wednesday 3/31, Thursday 4/1, Monday 4/5 or Tuesday 4/6.
Campus Health will be notified by the Department of Health and Human Services on Thursdays of each week about vaccine dose allocation for the next week. Once notified of the UNC Chapel Hill allocation – which may vary from week to week – appointments will be opened based on that allocation.
We hope that our allocation for next week will be similar in size to our allocation this week.
Students should remain alert for an email about appointment scheduling which will be sent once the vaccine allocation has been confirmed. Due to the spring holiday weekend, new appointment slots will likely open around midday on Monday 4/5 for appointments beginning Wednesday 4/7.
Many off-campus vaccination sites are available. If you are seeking vaccination and do not want to wait to sign up, you can find an alternate vaccination location at https://myspot.nc.gov/
We are aware that students in Kenan-Flagler had issues logging into the Student COVID Vaccination Site. Those students receiving an Access Denied error can log-in using the following instructions:
- Go to heelmail.unc.edu
- Login with your UNC email address which should be: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be prompted to enter the Microsoft verification code that is texted to you. If you have not set up your 2-step verification for Office 365, please go to this web page which will walk you through the steps: https://its.unc.edu/onyen-services/
- Once you have logged into your heelmail account, go to the email that was sent with the link to the booking page (https://studentcovidvax.unc.edu/)
- You should now be able to login to the booking site as you have logged into microsoft365 via your heelmail.
- If you are still having difficulties, please contact the UNC Help Desk at 919-962-HELP.