Keep yourself active on campus this fall with these tips from Exercise Is Medicine at UNC:
- Aim for 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity a week or 75 minutes of vigorous activity – walking, running, cycling or swimming would all qualify.
- Perform resistance training twice a week. Work on all large muscle groups with compound movements.
- Spend time outside. Research shows that exercise performed outside is more enjoyable and has mental health benefits.
- Take advantage of UNC fitness and recreation resources such as group fitness classes, workout reservations, and outdoor adventures.
Exercise Is Medicine is a program at UNC Chapel Hill promoting physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription
To learn more visit https://exss.unc.edu/exercise-is-medicine/eim-at-unc-chapel-hill/