We are a group of trained peer educators that play a vital role in supporting the promotion of health and wellness among the UNC community. We serve as ambassadors for the Healthy Heels brand, which is a collaboration between Student Wellness, Campus Health Services (CHS), and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for health messaging.
What We Do
HHAs communicate the programs, activities, and resources offered by the Healthy Heels collaborative Student Wellness, CHS, and CAPS. You can find us tabling at events, implementing core initiatives, facilitating programs around wellness, and more. We educate the masses and have fun doing it!
How We Do It
Tabling: Want Healthy Heels at an event? Feel free to request us to table! We will show up to offer health information and resources related to Student Wellness, CHS, CAPS. Free incentives can be included. 🙂
Core Initiatives: Outreach is our thing. We plan and organize initiatives to help support collective health and wellness.
- Wellness Wednesday– Explore the eight dimensions of wellness every 1st Wednesday of the month with us and other student groups! Usually located in The Pit.
- Wellness Carnival– This major Spring event happens in the beginning of March to celebrate and explore wellness. Free food and activities available!
- Minute Mondays– We release short and sweet vids with health information on our social media. Check them out here!
- Week of Balance– Partnering with the UL and Davis libraries, we provide stress-less activities and snacks that give you a well deserved break from studying during Finals.
Programs: We’ve been trained to offer programs to help you understand, navigate, and explore your wellness. Request us for a program!
- Stress Management
- Self Care and Wellness
- Mindfulness 101
- Alcohol 101
Leadership opportunities are available to help each other stay organized and productive! Current roles on the HHA Steering Committee:
- Social Activities Chair
- Assessment Chair
- Marketing and Recruitment Chair
- Graduate Liaison
- Training Chair
Why You Should Join
It is fun, plus we offer great experiences for those interested in Student Affairs, health promotion/prevention, public health, and wellness professions!
Here is our timeline for Spring 2017:
February 17th = Application deadline; applications due.
February 27th-March 3rd= Phone interviews
March 26th from 9a-4p= MANDATORY TRAINING (orientation)
Week of April 17th= End of Year HHA Banquet
August 14th-18th = MANDATORY TRAINING (program/workshop)
If you apply, you MUST be able to complete ALL training required.
Questions in the meantime? Feel free to email us at UNCHealthyHeels@gmail.com.
That is all.