We are a group of trained peer educators that play a vital role in supporting the promotion of health and wellness among the UNC community. We serve as ambassadors for the Healthy Heels brand, which is a collaboration between Student Wellness, Campus Health Services (CHS), and Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for health messaging.
What We Do
HHAs communicate the programs, activities, and resources offered by the Healthy Heels collaborative Student Wellness, CHS, and CAPS. You can find us tabling at events, implementing core initiatives, facilitating programs around wellness, and more. We educate the masses and have fun doing it!
HHAs are health leaders on campus that aim to empower fellow Tar Heels, through public health and prevention principles, in making well-informed decisions about their health and wellness, in hopes to create a healthier UNC campus.
How We Do It
Tabling: Want Healthy Heels at an event? Feel free to request us to table! We will show up to offer health information and resources related to Student Wellness, CHS, CAPS. Free incentives can be included. 🙂
Programs: We’ve been trained to offer programs to help you understand, navigate, and explore your wellness. Request us for a program!
- All Things HHA
- Stress Management
- Dimensions of Wellness and Self Care
- Mindfulness 101
- Wellness Jeopardy
- Alcohol 101
POD SQUADS: PODs are subgroups within HHA that have specific functions to help spread the gift of health and wellness. All HHAs belong to a POD, which each has an elected POD Leader and appointed POD Advisor. PODs include:
- Wellness Wednesday/Campus Rec
- Social Affairs
- Marketing and Promotion
- Be the Bee
- UNCPD/LiveSafe App
- Programs Review
- Carolina Housing
Leadership opportunities are available to help each other stay organized and productive! Current roles on the HHA Steering Committee:
- Assessment Chair
- Recruitment Chair
- Campus Health Advisory Board Chair (CHAB)
- Training Chair
Why You Should Join
It is fun, plus we offer great experiences for those interested in Student Affairs, health promotion/prevention, public health, and wellness professions!
We are a group of 65, so space is limited…
- Recruitment Timeline for Spring 2018:
– February 16th = Apps due
– February 19th- 23rd = App review
– February 26th-March 2nd= Invitation week
– March 25th & April 8th from 10a-3p= Group Processing Interviews (required)
– April 19th @ 7p= End of Year HHA Luau Banquet!
– August 13, 2018- August 17, 2018= REQUIRED HHA TRAINING
Interested folks are encouraged to:
1. Email us at @UNCHealthyHeels@gmail.com expressing interest
2. Follow and like us on all social media that you use (@UNCHealthyHeels handle)
3. Follow us on SnapChat to get the insider’s look of life as an HHA!
By doing so will give you special considerations during official recruitment.
Questions in the meantime? Feel free to email us at UNCHealthyHeels@gmail.com.