UNC Healthy Heels is currently seeking one paid, part-time, temporary Health Graphic Design Intern. This position is available to current or incoming UNC undergraduate students.
UNC Healthy Heels is a collaboration between Campus Health Services, Student Wellness, and Counseling and Psychological Services at UNC Chapel Hill.
The Health Graphic Design Intern will develop and design marketing/advertising materials to promote pertinent health and wellness information. This position requires creativity, critical thinking skills, and the ability to work independently. The intern reports to the Coordinator for Health Promotion Initiatives in Student Wellness and the Marketing and Communication Coordinator for Campus Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops creative layouts, graphics and designs for educational and promotional materials for use in print, electronic and digital formats
• Works closely with UNC Healthy Heels staff to develop appropriate messaging and concepts
• Ensures developed materials align with mission, goals and objectives for UNC Healthy Heels
• Manages projects with minimal oversight
• Assists with social media marketing as assigned
• Performs basic clerical and administrative tasks as assigned
• Serves on committees as assigned
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities as needed
• Ability to work 10 hours per week, including occasional weekend and evening hours
• Ability to work through 2017-2018 academic year, at minimum.
• Creative experience with graphic design including brochures, posters, flyers, presentations, promotional items or other printed materials
• Enthusiasm for design process and attentiveness to specific project goals
• Desire to learn UNC Healthy Heels mission, goals, objectives and services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail-orientation with strong organizational and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, follow-up on assignments, and take initiative on projects
• Ability to work effectively with diverse student populations and staff to deliver inclusive, culturally competent multimedia to students
• Experience with strategic use of multimedia online
Compensation: $10.61 per hour
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position has been filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
Submit a single PDF document including a letter of interest outlining specific examples related to position requirements, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three current references to Caress Roach at email@example.com.
The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.