UNC Healthy Heels is currently seeking one paid, part-time, temporary Health Photography and Videography Intern. The internship is for current or incoming UNC undergraduate students.
UNC Healthy Heels is a collaboration between Campus Health Services, Student Wellness, and Counseling and Psychological Services at UNC Chapel Hill. The Health Photography and Videography Intern will be responsible for the photography and videography needs for UNC Healthy Heels. These needs include production, coordination, shooting, and editing. The intern reports to the Marketing and Communication Coordinator for Campus Health Services as well as the Coordinator for Health Promotion Initiatives in Student Wellness.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Self-management of larger scale videography and photography projects including the coordination of all stages – scheduling, script writing, framing, shooting, editing and publishing
• Ensure uploaded videos and photographs meet media accessibility guidelines
• Take and edit photographs and videos from UNC Healthy Heels events as requested
• Use UNC Healthy Heels social media channels to transmit day-to-day photographs and videos related to health from around campus
• Perform basic clerical and administrative tasks as assigned
• Serve on task forces and committees as assigned
• Assume other duties and responsibilities as needed
• Ability to work 10 hours per week, including occasional weekend and evening hours
• Ability to work through 2017-2018 academic year, at minimum.
• Creative experience with videography and photography including production, coordination, shooting and editing
• Ability to maintain a professional and creative photography and video presence for UNC Healthy Heels
• Willingness to learn mission, goals, objectives and services of UNC Healthy Heels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; desire to learn
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational follow-up and customer service skills
• Ability to work independently, follow-up on assignments, and take initiative on projects
• Ability to work effectively with diverse student populations and staff to deliver inclusive, culturally competent multimedia to students
• Experience with strategic use of photos and videos on social media
Compensation: $10.61 per hour
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position has been filled; review of applications will begin immediately.
Submit a single PDF document including a letter of interest outlining specific examples related to position requirements, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three current references to Sara Stahlman at email@example.com.
Visit our websites for more information about Healthy Heels, Student Wellness, Campus Health Services and Counseling and Psychological Services.
The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.